violin

This is a blog about my violin journey. It is also a place-keeper, so that in those clear moments when I can get a progress note on paper, I do so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: War, West Virginia, United States

born in the mountains, climbed the mountain, tilled the rocky soil, heard the song of the hollows, and learned the names of the stars on a cold clear winter night on my favorite ridge, 'everyman's' chapel.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Some new directions

I use to love to jam on a bunch of music. Now by the time I get finished with my program, I'm pretty much through. I have so much tweaking to do, that I'm actually a little afraid to free style.
Also, I've started working on my southpaw and arm before I practice (hot wax and castor oil) and while I practice (massage). I have good feelings about this, and will report back. It's preventative maintenance, in that I feel pretty good--including Lf3-f4.....

I started working on my finger dropping more, now that I'm feeling my southpaw feeling stronger. And I picked up on the fact that my right elbow was bouncing too much in string crossings and started fixing that. I still need to envision what the scooping motion in bowing I was shown means--that's one thing that escaped me.

Life's good. Suzukis sounding 'alot' better. I'm still hammering out basics, but I can feel it a'happenin.