violin

This is a blog about my violin journey. It is also a place-keeper, so that in those clear moments when I can get a progress note on paper, I do so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: War, West Virginia, United States

born in the mountains, climbed the mountain, tilled the rocky soil, heard the song of the hollows, and learned the names of the stars on a cold clear winter night on my favorite ridge, 'everyman's' chapel.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Aside Note from Lesson Night Note last night.

violin
I practiced some after journaling last night, and tried to implement the notes at the bottom of the entry. I was 'very' pleased with what the even bow length did for the phrases in the Gavotte. And though I still have to think about it, the g to a correction was effortless. I was also successful in keeping the bow speed even crossing over strings in the slur--which helped a great deal. I feel like I made good progress, and look forward bringing this song into my repertoire. Of course I also cheated on vibrato a little as well. I had heard an extended note in a rift in the film series West Virginia that served as an excellent example of how long a vibrato may last, particularly in extended strains type phrases.