violin

This is a blog about my violin journey. It is also a place-keeper, so that in those clear moments when I can get a progress note on paper, I do so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: War, West Virginia, United States

born in the mountains, climbed the mountain, tilled the rocky soil, heard the song of the hollows, and learned the names of the stars on a cold clear winter night on my favorite ridge, 'everyman's' chapel.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Dec 13

I'm starting to feel and see balanced center. I know I felt it fleetingly when I first worked with it, but it's starting to feel more a part of me, because there were just a lot of parts of it I did not understand--still a couple. But in watching Oistrakh flow, and the violin tilt, I'm feeling what I'm working towards, and feel sometimes in my playing. Another important discovery, was getting the fingers around to run parallel with the string. I only recently heard that, and started doing it. The finger thing is still somewhat in Discovery mode.

Part of the reason I know it's evolving, is my spaw feels better, and I have increased if anything my practice. I jammed through Wohl45-2 and suprised even myself. I have it though messy up to around 160+bpm, and doing it fairly cleanly around 148-152.. And I've been doing this over and over. I start around 148. Relatedly, the W45-2 is kickin for G/D. And again, watchin Oistrakh is part of this
evolution.

And last night related to the center thing, I re-read some notes from Jeewon, Buri, I think Sue about getting around to G/D, and after all this time they actually started sinking in. So with all this said I need to refocus.

I need to sort of keep immersing myself in those notes. And I need to start putting my first 6 minutes towards very slow playing, maybe on Opens even, towards playing balanced and working on G/D reach. Again very slowly and methodically.