violin

This is a blog about my violin journey. It is also a place-keeper, so that in those clear moments when I can get a progress note on paper, I do so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: War, West Virginia, United States

born in the mountains, climbed the mountain, tilled the rocky soil, heard the song of the hollows, and learned the names of the stars on a cold clear winter night on my favorite ridge, 'everyman's' chapel.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Practice Notes

Only practiced an hour and a half---was way too busy installing DSL, groceries, clothes etc... Had a fair night. Went further into Schubert's Ave Maria--I have a feeling this song is going to be God awful beatutiful when I'm through with it if nothing happens.


Got through the etude several times nicely. My hand continues to improve in little tiny steps that are almost too difficult to recognize at times. I started hitting what I will now call the problem rift in the Gavotte at speed with good results, however I'm shooting for consistency so time will tell.