violin

This is a blog about my violin journey. It is also a place-keeper, so that in those clear moments when I can get a progress note on paper, I do so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: War, West Virginia, United States

born in the mountains, climbed the mountain, tilled the rocky soil, heard the song of the hollows, and learned the names of the stars on a cold clear winter night on my favorite ridge, 'everyman's' chapel.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Practice Notes

violin
Practiced for two hours. Did things very slowly--or moderately slowly. Worked against the wall some, and worked on third position a little. Had a fair night. My Denti violin was suppose to have shipped today. I hope it's acceptable. Did a little free style.


A few weeks ago I pretty much stopped learning by ear so I could focus on technical stuff. I played a few of my songs, and applied slowed bowing with excellent results. Worked a little on Ave Maria.



I've noticed that the chinrest trends towards bad posture. I need to work on that. The chin's connected to the shoulder, to the left arm, to the left hand, to noting challenges--however, the rest itself was recently correct from convex to concave.