violin

This is a blog about my violin journey. It is also a place-keeper, so that in those clear moments when I can get a progress note on paper, I do so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: War, West Virginia, United States

born in the mountains, climbed the mountain, tilled the rocky soil, heard the song of the hollows, and learned the names of the stars on a cold clear winter night on my favorite ridge, 'everyman's' chapel.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Practice Notes (Catch Up)

The past week plus has been phenomonally busy in every way. Nonetheless, I've managed an average of an hour and forty-five minutes each day. I'm playing the Ave's comfortably by memory now, and they are even expressive at times. I'm continuing with the etudes; and, have added some popular songs (Moon River etc., ) into he mix. Moon River is going to be awesome (two octaves--very strong treatment). Getting ready to move on in Suzuki II. I have to get back on the little Mozart minuet as I never finished memorizing it or mastering it.