violin

This is a blog about my violin journey. It is also a place-keeper, so that in those clear moments when I can get a progress note on paper, I do so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: War, West Virginia, United States

born in the mountains, climbed the mountain, tilled the rocky soil, heard the song of the hollows, and learned the names of the stars on a cold clear winter night on my favorite ridge, 'everyman's' chapel.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Practice Notes

Played a little over two hours. Did all Suzuki, began working more seriously on the variations on the etudes, got three versions of Ave Maria going now (added Caccini's last night--played through it a little), explored Suzuki 2-3 through 2-10 or so playing around with 2-3, and the Boccerini a little. Worked a little with third position, discovering the relationship between finger numbers and the notes (from first position 0 becomes 1, 1 becomes 2 and so forth in 3rd position). Played some of Suzuki 1 in third position, at a couple points fairly well.


I don't think I'll need all those copies of etude 1. I'm finding that once I focus on what the bowing pattern is suppose to be it flows 'fairly' well. Started playing the etudes on guitar--sheesh!