violin

This is a blog about my violin journey. It is also a place-keeper, so that in those clear moments when I can get a progress note on paper, I do so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: War, West Virginia, United States

born in the mountains, climbed the mountain, tilled the rocky soil, heard the song of the hollows, and learned the names of the stars on a cold clear winter night on my favorite ridge, 'everyman's' chapel.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Practice Notes

Practiced two hours. The Cacinni Ave is now officially in the mix--I played through it 6 or seven times. I played through the Bach Ave several times, and discovered from Christine the composer of the 4th Ave (Verdi) I've been looking for. Did all Suzuki plus some forward explorations, a few etudes, the 4th finger exercises, and very little if any freestyle. I also discovered that my approach to Bach, Caccini, and Shubert already exists in another form--as a collection--how cool. Maria's Passions, a creation of mine, will use recitative in music to create a conversation between certain layers of the three. I will be calling one crescendo from another for example, and descending patterned themes will be played around with in the same spirit.