violin

This is a blog about my violin journey. It is also a place-keeper, so that in those clear moments when I can get a progress note on paper, I do so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: War, West Virginia, United States

born in the mountains, climbed the mountain, tilled the rocky soil, heard the song of the hollows, and learned the names of the stars on a cold clear winter night on my favorite ridge, 'everyman's' chapel.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Practice Notes (weekend summarized)

Only played about an hour and fifteen minutes (a little more) each night. Played all current material. Played through Ave Maria (Schubert's), and will be playing that with accompaniment very soon. Worked on tonalization, first two in Suzuki 2; and, worked some on the first Wohlfhart etude. Have been extremely busy getting the gardens wrapped up, working on relief projects for hurricane Katrina (working on adopting a family, who is also a family member), and arranging a yard sale for War's fall festival.