violin

This is a blog about my violin journey. It is also a place-keeper, so that in those clear moments when I can get a progress note on paper, I do so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: War, West Virginia, United States

born in the mountains, climbed the mountain, tilled the rocky soil, heard the song of the hollows, and learned the names of the stars on a cold clear winter night on my favorite ridge, 'everyman's' chapel.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Practice Notes

Played for two hours. Did everything, many things two or three times. Worked the fourth finger exercises, and have a feeling they are going to help in many ways. Focused a little more intently on bowing in general in terms of pressure, extending the actual bowing length, and so forth. Played around with the Wohlfahrt with good results--not great yet, but good.