violin

This is a blog about my violin journey. It is also a place-keeper, so that in those clear moments when I can get a progress note on paper, I do so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: War, West Virginia, United States

born in the mountains, climbed the mountain, tilled the rocky soil, heard the song of the hollows, and learned the names of the stars on a cold clear winter night on my favorite ridge, 'everyman's' chapel.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Lesson Night

We hit a couple variations on the etudes, talked about shifting--which created the question for me that if I am to be practicing 3rd position, do I not have to practice shifting as well. We talked about alternating the bow direction on the G-string, clearing up a question I had formed because of lack of information. We didn't work on vibrato any, but I haven't done much on my own either, other than using the wrist I already am developing.