violin

This is a blog about my violin journey. It is also a place-keeper, so that in those clear moments when I can get a progress note on paper, I do so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: War, West Virginia, United States

born in the mountains, climbed the mountain, tilled the rocky soil, heard the song of the hollows, and learned the names of the stars on a cold clear winter night on my favorite ridge, 'everyman's' chapel.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

The Song List

violin
Pathetique Slow movement--in D, if I were courageous I'd wait and do it in A-flat.
Air on the G string.
Some jig type things.
Some dynamic minuet type things.
Some things that would allow me to enhance expressiveness--teacher's choice.
All kinds of songs from the past:
Eagles, Simon and Garfunkle, Jesus Christ Superstar, funky songs that most people don't recognize like various Largos from movie themes and so forth. I'd like to be able to take songs as I reinterpret them, and simply play the melodies--a half-formed thought but I know where it's going.