violin

This is a blog about my violin journey. It is also a place-keeper, so that in those clear moments when I can get a progress note on paper, I do so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: War, West Virginia, United States

born in the mountains, climbed the mountain, tilled the rocky soil, heard the song of the hollows, and learned the names of the stars on a cold clear winter night on my favorite ridge, 'everyman's' chapel.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Practice Notes

violin
I practiced for two hours and fifteen minutes this evening. I was kind of all over the place, with extra rather than total emphasis on the Gavotte and etude.

I started using the online metronome I found more consistently, and think this will help.


Now that I can get through the etude note wise, I'm going to really slow that puppy down and start trying to approach the zen of it. I played it a couple times with the metronome, a couple without it just jamming through it, and it is still rather frustrating. I'm not sure if I'm making it more difficult or what, but time will tell.


I'd really like to progress to vibrato--where have I heard that before (grins). I get very frustrated. "The Anniversary Waltz, Scarborough Fair, Poor Way Faring Stranger, and on and on, are simpy nothing without it." Anyway, I know I have a lot of work to do on basics, note-names to positions etc.....

I downloaded a tuner to use while I am at home--very nice.