violin

This is a blog about my violin journey. It is also a place-keeper, so that in those clear moments when I can get a progress note on paper, I do so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: War, West Virginia, United States

born in the mountains, climbed the mountain, tilled the rocky soil, heard the song of the hollows, and learned the names of the stars on a cold clear winter night on my favorite ridge, 'everyman's' chapel.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Practice Notes

Practiced two hours and thirty minutes this evening. The etude, God love it's soul, is surving me and asserting it's usefulness. I successfully slowed it down, and played it at six or seven tempos. I had a little pain at first, but I had jumped right in there and as the evening progressed it went away-sore muscles versus injury type thing. The Gavotte came another step online as the smoothness and crispness of the rift that is holding me back improved some. A couple times I think the rift sounded almost nice even! Nontheless, it's not there, because there is a smooth brilliance that has to come with that rift that is becoming smooth--but not brilliant.


Played all the basics, doing Suzuki one through sixteen at lunch time.


The Handel Chorus is awesome!!!.. I made good progress with the little rift that is challenging, playing the entire thing five or six times. This type of song is what I've had in mind since the beginning, so it is especially welcome and timely.


SUMMA: God and Handel kick butt!