violin

This is a blog about my violin journey. It is also a place-keeper, so that in those clear moments when I can get a progress note on paper, I do so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: War, West Virginia, United States

born in the mountains, climbed the mountain, tilled the rocky soil, heard the song of the hollows, and learned the names of the stars on a cold clear winter night on my favorite ridge, 'everyman's' chapel.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Practice Notes

Had a fair night--went right at two hours.


The second etude went pretty well. Was able to zen it out a little, with finger mechanics considered. It's not great yet, and my hand still gets tired, nonetheless....


Began by fooling around with early Suzuki a little. Then hammered on the Gavotte, until it got sloppy.

Also, did the Handel, and learned the first theme from the Mussette by Bach that follows. Also jumped ahead to 2-5, and worked a little on the Brahms waltz. Finally, I practiced the theme from Concerto in C by Rachmaninov, with surprisingly nice results.

I look forward to doing things with Concerto in C. Also, I don't know if I mentioned it, but I worked out the theme for the violin interpretation of Ave Maria in C on two octaves, that I have been working on on piano this past weekend.


I'm going to have to get brave and learn to get some of these notes down on paper. For example, it would be much nicer to have something to work with on paper in the event I ever get to play with the accompaniments I've been developing in my mind.