violin

This is a blog about my violin journey. It is also a place-keeper, so that in those clear moments when I can get a progress note on paper, I do so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: War, West Virginia, United States

born in the mountains, climbed the mountain, tilled the rocky soil, heard the song of the hollows, and learned the names of the stars on a cold clear winter night on my favorite ridge, 'everyman's' chapel.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Practice Notes (weekend summarized)

Practiced an about one hour and forty-five minutes Friday and Saturday night, barely at all last night (tired and heat--but I got my garlic planted). Intensified my approach to left hand neck against the wall exercises. Got through the Musett many times, played around exploring rest of volume two. Started doing the Etude against the wall;and, a couple times got most of the way through it with extensively relaxed hand.


Lisle Music is sending another (Denti) violin this week. I have to ship the other one back.