violin

This is a blog about my violin journey. It is also a place-keeper, so that in those clear moments when I can get a progress note on paper, I do so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: War, West Virginia, United States

born in the mountains, climbed the mountain, tilled the rocky soil, heard the song of the hollows, and learned the names of the stars on a cold clear winter night on my favorite ridge, 'everyman's' chapel.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Practice Notes (2 days)

Practice time: a little over two hours daily


I basically did the same things that I have been doing, adding a little to the Musette (2-2). I'm going to send the violin back to the shop as my instructor feels that I should be able to get a lot better quality for the price. I had heard the interference in the strings earlier, and she picked right up on it. "The pegs seemed not right". "For the price, the tailpiece should have been ebony". "The bridge is warped".


Of course I'm a little disappointed, but that's life--better now than later.